Website Getman Corporation
Manufacturing Financial Analyst/ Cost Accountant
LOCATION: Bangor, Michigan (opportunity to work in Kalamazoo some days)
The Financial Analyst/ Cost Accountant partners with corporate leaders to provide financial analytics that drive business results in support of the short-term and long-term goals and objectives of the department and the corporation. The position delivers analysis as part of finance, linking financial results to operational performance drivers
- Provide decision support by financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting.
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to support targeted financial performance achievement.
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
- Create analysis using the business information system to drive the financial performance of the business.
- Participate in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Participate in the monthly closing process with the rest of the Accounting team.
- Provide insightful analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to support corporate leaders’ effectiveness in creating and executing strategy and operating plans.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
- Advanced excel skills.
- High organization and analytical skills.
- Analytical skills with high problem solving and process improvement orientation.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain data integrity.
- Ability to make independent decisions and sound recommendations based upon compiled data.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- 3-5 years Finance/Cost Accounting experience.
- Progressive Financial Analysis experience preferred.
- Experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Epicor ERP V10 highly desired.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.