Website Getman Corporation
LOCATION: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Getman Corporation, a Southwest Michigan manufacturer and global supplier of mobile equipment to the mining industry, is looking for a Fitter/Welder I to support the Fabrication Department.
HOURLY RATE: $20.30
Lay out and fabricate complex metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames using knowledge of advanced welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
- Demonstrate an advanced amount of knowledge, attitude, skills and habits required to perform proceduralized tasks under general supervision and complex tasks involving the use of theoretical knowledge with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrate a higher level of skill and dexterity for welding processes of metal.
- Must be able to perform all functions of the basic welder classification.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using processes such as TIG, GTAW, MIG or FAW, OAW, and resistance welding.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment when necessary.
- Repair broken or cracked parts and fills holes as needed.
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Set up weld machine and select the appropriate fixture to identifying the proper weld schedule.
- Setup equipment and prepare surfaces to be welded and weld parts as required.
- Read and layout parts to complex prints and plan details of working procedure.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- 2-3 years of prior hands on experience in welding and fabricating parts for jigs, fixtures and automated equipment.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.