Website Getman Corporation
LOCATION: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Getman Corporation, a Southwest Michigan manufacturer and global supplier of mobile equipment to the mining industry, is looking for a Utility Fabricator to support the Fabrication Department.
HOURLY RATE: $17.50
Measure, cut, drill and bend parts according to prints. Participate and support in improvement initiatives and projects.
- Read and interpret blue prints, route sheets and work sheets.
- Operate all saws, brake press and drills.
- Verify and put away bar stock steel daily.
- Blast all fabricated parts and related raw steel as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machines where applicable.
- Maintain a safe work environment and practices at all times for self and others.
- Actively participates in company initiatives such as process improvements, achieve and understand your impact on the company KPI’s, cost savings, 5S etc.
- Stay abreast of communication, understand and act in accord with Getman Corporation’s standards of conduct, policies, and procedures.
- Timely communicate ideas and feedback using appropriate communication means.
- Contribute to Getman cultural vision including but not limited to working in a positive fashion with teammates and leadership, taking initiative, and having ownership of work.
- Flexible, performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
SKILLS, TALENTS AND/OR CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to use portable torch, grinders, assorted hand tools, power tools, hoists and overhead cranes.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Dependable and conducts work in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally across all departments.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.