Website United Federal Credit Union
WE ARE YOU. WE ARE U.
Branch Manager I is a management position responsible for selling products and services, coaching member satisfaction through the branch delivery channels, and managing a branch with less than $50 million in assets.
Essential Functions, in Priority Order
- Responsible for Business Development to promote Corporate Member engagement, membership growth, and positive public relations. Time: 55%
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Tellers, MSAs and ABMs, including staffing, training, evaluating performance, maintaining daily operations, staff scheduling, problem solving and decision making, enabling the department to function efficiently and providing quality member service. Time: 25%
- Accountable for ensuring that all departmental procedures are updated and accurate to the conduct of the job tasks on an ongoing basis. Time 10%
- Responsible for the performance of the branch, fulfills all reporting requirements to the Corporate Office and communicates relevant information between the branch staff and the Corporate Office. Time 10%
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of related work experience preferred.
In addition to the education requirements:
- Minimum two year’s branch financial services experience required including Teller and MSA experience.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience
- NMLS registration required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business development or external sales calling skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership skills in team development.
- Working knowledge of quality service components.
- Knowledge of management techniques and strategies.
- Ability to develop and implement effective policies and procedures.
- Conflict management skills.
- Ability to analyze budgets, trends, training/staffing needs, reports, and statistics.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to understand strategic objectives.
- Ability to concentrate in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional image.
- Interpretation of market and financial data.
- Ability to train and evaluate results.
- Capable of creatively implementing new products and motivating staff.
- Innovation Management
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Demonstrates Courage
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Managing Through Systems
- Organizational Agility
- Problem Solving
Tools and Equipment Used
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
- Cash dispense machine.
- Drive-thru equipment.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union members.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with home office.
- Weekly, personal/written/phone contact with existing and potential Corporate Members.
- As needed, personal/written/phone contact with other Credit Union managers.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed reports and computer screen. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External – Some travel is required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.
To apply for this job please visit www.unitedfcu.com.