Website United Federal Credit Union
WE ARE YOU. WE ARE U.
The Member Service Advisor (MSA) Service Queue reinforces and builds member relationships through efficient response to members’ service requests and solicitation of new loan and deposit product purchases. Contact with members is via inbound & outbound phone calls. This position is responsible for consistently exceeding member expectations by matching the full range of Credit Union products and services with an informed understanding of members’ needs and making appropriate lending decisions based on established guidelines. MSA is responsible for effectively diagnosing and solving member’s problems.
Essential Functions, in Priority Order
- Act as the primary source of product information and service support for member and staff inquiries via phone, provide timely problem resolution and account maintenance. Time:65%
- Sell and deliver all Credit Union investment and convenience products and services. Time: 15%
- Provide accurate, complete and consistent documentation. Time: 10%
- Obtain and maintain a high level of knowledge of all Credit Union products and services. Time: 5%
- Participate in and contribute to training and team development. Time: 5%
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
In addition to the education requirement:
- Proven customer service/sales experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills.
- Analysis and resolution skills.
- Self motivated with demonstrated sales skills.
- Knowledge of Credit Union products, services and banking regulations.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to continual change.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Ability to identify member and staff needs.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to concentrate in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when resolving member/staff issues.
Tools and Equipment Used
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with MSA staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union managers.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union members.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading the computer screen. Must be able to talk and keyboard simultaneously. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External – Some travel may be required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.
To apply for this job please visit www.unitedfcu.com.