Website United Federal Credit Union
WE ARE YOU. WE ARE U.
The Business Services Advisor provides quality business lending expertise through financial counseling and product awareness to Credit Union members regarding their business financing needs and generates investment quality business loans by taking loan applications in support of loan growth objectives.
Essential Functions, in Priority Order
1. Provide financial counseling through interviewing, pre-qualifying and the business loan application process. Time: 70%
2. Develop and maintain relationships with the business community to promote business loan programs, deposit products, and ancillary services. Represent the Credit Union at community business functions. Give educational presentations within the community. Time: 20%
3. Work with branch lending personnel regarding business programs. Provide educational support to branches and members. Time: 10%
- Bachelors’ degree or two years of related work experience required.
In addition to the education requirement:
- Five years business lending experience required.
- Developed business relationships and established professional network within community desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough business knowledge of the business lending industry.
- Demonstrated secondary market skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of lending laws, regulations, policies and compliance.
- Ability to develop or improve loan products.
- Ability to develop strategy for seminars, presentations and trade shows.
- Proven track record of effective sales/service skills and techniques.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work and reason under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional image.
- Ability to interpret lending guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of guidelines necessary to generate business loans.
Tools and Equipment Used
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union management.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with business community.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union members.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with vendors.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed reports and computer screens. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External – some overnight travel may be required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.
To apply for this job please visit www.unitedfcu.com.