Website United Federal Credit Union
WE ARE YOU. WE ARE U.
The Security Administrator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the network security infrastructure including endpoint security, email security, firewall infrastructure, vulnerability detection and remediation, monitoring, log collection/correlation, and intrusion detection/prevention. Additional responsibilities include technical risk assessments, multi-factor authentication, Incident Response, identity management, and general security consulting for enterprise projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, IN PRIORITY ORDER
- Maintain and support security related operational tasks including, but not limited to, SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, patch management solutions, data loss prevention, anti-virus, application whitelisting, forward and reverse proxies, mobile device management, etc. Time: 40%
- Technical escalation for security related issues passed from the service desk and network administrators. Time: 15%
- Participate on cross-functional project teams as directed to assess the risk of new and existing applications and projects. Time: 15%
- Assist in evaluating audit findings and collaboratively work with Risk & Compliance and Information Technology teams to arrive at balanced solutions where findings indicate recommended remediation steps. Time: 10%
- Perform technical risk assessments and associated testing to identify and mitigate potential risk related to applications and networking environment of the Credit Union. Time: 10%
- Develop standard operating procedures. Provide structured and unstructured technical training to provide growth opportunities and support succession planning. Time: 5%
- Use knowledge and expertise of network security infrastructure to assist with implementation, testing, and training development as needed. Time: 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or two years of related work experience.
In addition to the education requirement:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in information security including security design, implementation, support, and/or consulting required.
- Minimum 3 years hands on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting server, networking, and application environments required.
- One industry leading security certification required (Security +, CASP, SSCP, etc…)
- Additionally one industry leading technical certification required (Network +, Server+, MCP, Windows Certification, CCENT, etc…).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be familiar with and have recent experience with security specific products such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, data loss prevention, application white listing, anti-virus, firewalls, MDM, proxies, etc….
- Must be familiar with risk assessment methodologies and practices.
- Experience with and ability to present various technical and non-technical concepts to all levels of management within the organization.
- Experience with Microsoft server products, Active Directory configuration as well as Cisco networking.
- Proficient in Microsoft operating systems as well as Office products.
- Proficient in basic networking (route/switch) configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of AD, DNS and DHCP tools.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Integrity & Trust
- Business Acumen
- Analysis and interpretation of systems (hardware and software) used within the organization in order to implement system performance, security and efficiency standards.
- Strong conceptual, practical application, and problem-solving skills and techniques.
Tools and Equipment Used
- Personal computers (desktop and laptops)
- File, print and application servers
- Tape backup units
- Modems and modem pools
- CD ROM/DVD
- Network switches, routers, hubs, and interface cards
- Firewall appliances
- Help Desk Case Management tool
- Disk cloning utilities
- Automated software distribution utilities
- Diagnostic and benchmarking utilities
- Carry and respond to pager and/or cellular phone as determined by manager.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with management.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with IT staff
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union staff.
- As necessary, personal/written/phone contact with strategic partners and vendors.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from prolonged work at the computer. Individual must be able to travel to complete applicable assignments, projects and training. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels. Occasionally may be required to lift 50- 100 pounds. Individual must be capable of maneuvering under and around office furniture.
Internal– Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External– Some travel is required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.
To apply for this job please visit www.unitedfcu.com.